Once I had made all of the models and backgrounds I started animating them using stop-motion. I filmed the animation in two bits. The first part consists of the scenes outside of the machine, in the warehouse. The second part is made up of the scenes inside of the machine, where you see the words being manipulated and changed. I had to film these bits in two parts because the machine itself is a 3D model that stands up in a 3D set, whereas the models inside of the machine are card and paper cutouts that are put on top of a flat background and then animated.
After I had filmed all of the stop-motion parts of my animation I imported all of the frames into Adobe After Effects. Here I added all of the effects needed to finish my animation. I added the steam coming from the machine and the words that go through the various stages in the machine. I also added lights and a digital screen to the internet box. I then added in the twitter birds here too. I decided to add all of these various things digitally rather than sticking with the theme of stop motion as I thought that the digital elements
would help to convey my message clearly. For example the digital text and twitter birds that fly off with the new words at the end are digital as most fake news is spread on the internet and its websites online that make up the fake news. Adding the words digitally also allowed me to add effects to them like a change in colour or size when the different parts of the machine does different things to them.
After I had added all of the effects needed to complete my animation I added sound. I used free sound websites to find clips of mechanical noises for my machine. I then added these short clips of audio to my animation in Adobe Premiere Pro. These sounds helped to bring my machine to life and they also helped to explain what different parts of the machine were doing to the words.
Below is the final animation.